Fred and Rula Jarrah Announce Scholarship Program For Orange County, CA Families.
Orange County, California-based philanthropist Fred and Rula Jarrah of Signature Design Center have announced the launch of the Abraham Salhi Scholarship Program aimed toward providing financial assistance to college/private high school students and their families, in Orange County, CA.
Abraham Salhi Scholarship Program
The Abraham Salhi Scholarship Program is set up to honor the memory of Mr. Salhi, an Orange County businessman and father, to assist college/high school students and working families whom have been recently affected by the downturn in the economy. 2 scholarship recipients will be selected to receive a full scholarship at their respective school/university.
- You must attend a Southern California college or university or private high school
- Have an Orange County address on your drivers license/CA ID or parents address must be in Orange County.
- You must be a current student and maintain a minimum 2.8 GPA. All majors considered.
- Most important your parents must have been responsible for at least 50% of your tuition and fees and recently affected by the economic down turn, (ie, layoff, medical bills or other circumstances.)
To apply: Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with
- your name,
- phone number,
- email address,
- academic year,
- Current financial need for the current year or coming academic year.
- Essay #1: Explain how the economy has affected your parent’s ability to pay for your education, and their plans if any to recover, minimum 500 words.
- Essay #2: Upon graduation, beyond your career how will you work to improve the world you live in?, minimum of 500 words.
- Please submit word documents, pdf files or text in your email.
Award: Scholarship recipients will receive a full scholarship covering 100% of their financial need. Unmet financial need will be verified with your school’s financial aid/accounting office. Recipients will also be required to volunteer 20 hours in the summer of 2009 with Fred and Rula Jarrah with a community service event to be announced.
Deadline: Awardees will be selected May 8th, 2009 with a deadline of May 1st, 2009 for applications to be emailed. Incomplete email applications will not be considered so please read instructions carefully. No phone calls or showroom visits please.
About Signature Design Center: Signature Design Center is an Orange County based home remodeling company serving residents of Southern California with complete remodeling services and the highest quality of customer service. Founded in 2001, the staff of the firm proudly states, “Service is our Signature.”
Larrin Morris – Scholarship Chair